Last updated: July 22, 2022
Who we are
We are Falcon Insights (made by Corso Industries, LLC). Our website address is: https://falconinsights.app. Falcon Insights has both a marketing site (this one) as well as the actual web app (collectively, “Websites”).
All of the data generated within the web app is stored in servers and databases within the United States.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us when you access our Websites. This can include information you provide to us when you register for an account, fill in a form, correspond with us via the Websites, phone, email, or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters, or other forms of marketing communications, respond to surveys or use some other feature of the Websites as available from time to time.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide some features to you or respond to your other requests.
When visitors leave comments on the marketing site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the marketing site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our marketing site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page on the marketing site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log into the marketing site, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
When you log into the web app, we will set up several cookies to keep you logged in for a few hours in the web app.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We collect analytics data on the marketing site using Fathom Analytics, a privacy-focused website analytics tool, to help us measure traffic and usage trends. Only anonymous data is sent to Fathom Analytics. You can learn more about Fathom Analytics’s practices at https://usefathom.com/privacy.
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal information in certain cases such as:
- Public forms, such as comments, may be checked through an automated spam detection service
- Service Providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting (we use SpinupWP and Digital Ocean), maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our other agreements
- Third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, debt financing of assets, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or similar proceeding)
- A Corso Industries LLC subsidiary, affiliate, or business partner
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared
- Third parties in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or to collect amounts owed to us
- Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence to: comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; enforce our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements; protect our operations; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Other users of the site to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages or make comments through the Websites
We use payment processors who collect information to complete any transactions. We use Stripe. Any credit/debit card information is sent to our payment processors and is never processed or stored by us. In order for them to process this information, we must also send over some personal information such as email address (for transactional purposes only) and address (for card verification purposes).
We will never sell, rent, or lease your personal information to a third party.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment on the marketing site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our marketing website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this marketing site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on secure servers. All electronic transactions entered into via our Website will be protected by SSL encryption technology. Where you register for an account on the Services, you are responsible for maintaining your account’s security. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security immediately using our contact form.
Links to 3rd party sites
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Users under 16 years of age
Our Websites are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. By using the Websites, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 16.
Changes to this Policy
At any time, you can use our contact form to speak with anyone concerning your data or this Policy.